- Registry Manager: Värmland County Council
- Registry Centre-affiliation: Registry Centre South
- Start year: 2007
- Classifications used: The Dental and Pharmaceutical Benefits Agency (TLV) code system for diagnosis and treatment and nationally agreed codes for clinical observations.
- This registry contains data on: Diagnoses, Interventions, General Dental Practice Care, Specialised Outpatient Care, Follow-up Data
Description of registry
- Improve and develop the quality of care and treatment outcomes for both prevention and treatment of caries and periodontal diseases.
- Contribute to operational development of dental care.
- Support further advances in national guidelines.
- Provide data for research.
SKaPa is based on the automatic extraction, transformation and loading of information in standardised files from the patient record system of each participating organisation to SKaPa on a daily basis. Data includes information on patient, diagnosis and intervention codes (according to TLV), risk assessment and teeth status. Information is also included regarding participating clinics and care providers.
The registry aims to include information about dental care, visits, status codes, diagnosis and interventions. The registry does not include information about dental care for persons who do not have a Swedish personal identity number. Also, information is not included about dental care for persons who have stated that they do not wish to participate in the registry.
Ages in the registry
Total volume of registry
- Number of unique patients: 5,200,000
- Number of registered visits: 49,300,000
- Number of codes for clinical observations: 494,000,000
- Number of diagnosis codes: 55,600,000
- Number of treatment codes: 57,900,000
Volume over the past operating year
- Number of unique patients with at least one visit: 3,100,000
- Number of registered visits: 7,700,000
- Number of codes for clinical observations: 51,000,000
- Number of diagnosis codes: 8,500,000
- Number of treatment codes: 9,100,000
Current coverage rate:
- Swedish Public Dental Service: 19 of 21 county councils
- Public dental clinics in affiliated county councils: 100 percent
- Private dental care providers: 1 organisation
- Private dental care clinics: 70
References on validations
Data validation is continuously being conducted.
Note: Variable lists are updated on a regular basis and should therefore be seen as preliminary. For the latest version, please contact the registry.