- Registry Manager: Truls Gårdmark
- Registry Centre - affiliation: RCC Syd
- Start year: 1997
- Classifications used:
UICC: TNM-classifikation 8th edition, 2017
Grade: WHO 1999
- This registry contains data on: urinary bladder cancer, urothelial cancer of the upper tract (UTUC) and urothelial cancer of the urethra.
Description of registry
In Sweden urinary bladder cancer is the second most common form of urological tumour with approximately 3 000 new cases annually.
The objectives of the Swedish National Registry of Urinary Bladder Cancer (SNRUBC) are to:
- identify and quantify the use of examination and treatment procedures in the country and perform comparisons between regions and hospitals
- lay the foundation for long-term rational improvement measures
- continuously register lead times from referral to consultation to transurethral surgery to more extensive curative treatment and report these lead times to the involved parties and to the general public
- via follow up record development of the condition after primary treatment with first recurrence, progress and death in tumour disease.
Note: Variable lists are updated on a regular basis and should therefore be seen as preliminary. For the latest version, please contact the registry.